Cacao is the best natural food source of the following nutrients:
Cacao contains the highest concentration of antioxidants of any food in the world. By weight, cacao has more antioxidants than red wine,
blueberries, acai, pomegranates, goji berries combined. Antioxidants protect DNA from free-radical damage.
– Magnesium. Magnesium supports the heart,increases brainpower,relaxes muscles, menstrual cramping, helps to build healthy bones and increases alkalinity. Studies show that a deficiency of magnesium is not only associated with heart trouble, but immediately following a heart attack, lack of sufficient magnesium promotes free-radical injury to the heart.; Over 80 % of North Americans are chronically deficient in magnesium. Cacao has enough magnesium to help reverse deficiencies of this mineral.
– Iron Cacao contains 314% of the US RDA of iron per 1 ounce (28gram). Iron is oxygen-caring protein called hemoglobin that keeps our blood healthy and fights back anemia.
– Chromium. Chromium is important trace mineral that helps balance blood sugar
– Manganese – Cacao has enough manganese to help reverse deficiencies of this mineral.
– Zinc. Zinc plays an important role in the immune system, liver,
pancreas, sexual fluids and skin.
– Vitamin C. One ounce (28gram) serving of cacao nibs supplies 21% of
the US RDA of Vitamin C.
– Omega-6 Fatty Acids. Turns in to transfat by cooking.
– Phenylethylamine (PEA). PEAs are the chemicals that produce in our
bodies when we fall in love and Cacao has in abundance of them. PEAs
play a role in focus and alertness. A greater 2.2 percent
concentration of PEAs and a significant concentration of magnesium is
a natural appetite suppressants found in cacao. It is destroyed by
cooking by heat.
– Tryptophan. Tryptopan is Amino acid a powerful mood-enhancing
nutrient. It critical for the production of serotonin, our primary
neurotransmitter. It is destroyed by cooking, by heat.
With the combination of Vit B6, B3 and magnesium turns into serotonin-
our neurological and physiological “stress-defense shield”. This may
be a large reason why depression is on the rise.
– Serotonin. If serotonin level are high, the world could be collapsing
and we would still feel good. If serotonin levels are low, all could
be well, but we would still feel like hell.
– Fiber. Cacao contains a soluble fiber. Fiber is important for
– Caffeine and Theobromine.
Contrary to popular opinion, cacao is a poor source of caffeine. (less
than 1/20th of the caffeine present in conventional coffee). Cacao has
theobromine, a close chemical relative and metabolite of caffeine.
Theobromine is. A Chemical relative of caffeine but is not a nervouse
system stimulant. Theobromine is an effective antibacterial substance
that kills streptococci muttons( the organisms that cause cavities).
Theobromine dilates cardiovascular system and makes heart’s ljob
easier. That is why cacao is an important part of heart-healthy diet.
What to look for…
-Cacao beans with the skin,
Without the skin:
100% raw and certified organic. Purchase Fair Trade or better quality organic cacao.
Blend cacao into your favorite beverages, blend into coconut water, teas, or coffee.
Sprinkle cacao nibs on your favorite deserts instead of chocolate chips.
Raw cacao beans are original chocolate chips.
Enjoy Sunfoods’ Cacao Nibs, raw certified organic Cacao Bean pieces!